Remodeling your basement can be a big undertaking but in some homes it’s possible to nearly double the usable square footage. While basement remodeling may seem like an expensive undertaking remember that you can create this space from the ground up and see some amazing benefits with the help of professional basement remodeling experts.
- Unlocking more square footage: basements generally have a lot of space and depending on the size of your home adding an extra basement room could seriously affect your resale value as well as give you more living space. More square footage means that it will be easier to store your items, enjoy a better quality of life and perhaps even have more room for activities inside.
- An unfinished basement is a blank slate: the good news about an unfinished basement is you can basically divide it up however you want. If you never dreamt of having a second bathroom in your home this could be the space to do just that. Depending on the size of your basement you can also include an entertainment room, another bedroom or even just a wreck room or sitting room. If you’ve ever wanted more space in your home finishing your basement is an excellent move.
- Increasing your resale value: even a few years down the road of basement remodeling or finishing can still add massive resale value to your home. There is really no other home improvement project they can add a greater resale value for the amount of money spent. While it can be a larger initial cost versus a remodeling project like a bathroom, you will enjoy this space and can see a much greater asking price with a finished basement or a newly remodeled basement.
- A comfortable atmosphere: during the summer retreating to a finished and remodeled basement can bring you much needed comfort and help to keep your family much happier in a hot climate. Having a basement that’s outdated simply isn’t a comfortable atmosphere and modernizing your basement to make it a place you want to be can give your family more space to relax and cool off.
- Greater efficiency: adding carpet and insulation into your basement is a great way that you can save money on your heating and cooling bills. Having a livable space in your basement can actually end up saving you some money down the road and give you a cool place when it gets warm saving even more money air-conditioning costs.
If you are ready to remodel your basement, you need to know your options. Give us a call at 920-615-6789 or contact us now to discuss your project in detail.